As an admin in Velory you are able to order new products in the Velory store for yourself. The important thing to know about placing an order as an admin, is that the product request attestation flow is not available for these orders. This means that if an admin checks out a device from the store the request will be automatically approved and placed as an order directly instead of ending up as a product request that needs to be handled.
If your company has budget overage enabled and has chosen to pay the exceeding amount with credit card (only available in Norway and Denmark), currently the process of credit card payment is not available for users assigned the admin user role. Since an order placed by an admin is directly approved, automatically the overage amount will be added in the monthly overage view and not start the credit card payment flow. To use credit card payment for an admin's order, the user role must first be switched to an employee. This role adjustment can be performed by another admin or by reaching out to your partner for assistance. After the order is placed, the user role can be switched back to an admin.
As an admin, if your company has the new store available, you are also able to place orders on behalf of other users, spaces and for the company. Read this article for further information.
How to place an order as an admin
- Go to Store in the navigation bar. In the My budgets section, you'll find categories of products included in your assigned budget.
- If you wish to explore all available products even outside your budget, you can click on Categories to view all available categories and products in your company's store. Note that this depends on company setting if filter store by budget category is enabled and if budget overage is enabled for your company.
- To see more information about a product you simply click on the product and you will see a new view with product information and the available variants of that product.
- You Choose configuration of the product such as color and storage capacity if that is available for the product. If you have a budget assigned to you and the price is within your budget there will be no additional costs for you. Depending on the company's budget overage settings, you might be allowed to exceed your budget, and any overage will be managed according to your company's specified option.
- When you are satisfied with your choices you Add product to cart and you can either continue your shopping for related products or go directly to your cart that you find in the top right corner in the navigation bar. When you are done adding the products you want in your cart you Proceed to checkout.
- In checkout you are able to look through your request and the products added with the possibility to see a full price calculation.
- You will have the opportunity to choose where the products will be delivered. The options available to you depend on the delivery address settings that your company has configured.
- Once you've happy with your products in your order, click Place Order. As an admin, your order will bypass the request attestation flow, becoming active immediately as an ongoing order. Eventual budget overage will be displayed under Monthly payments.
As mentioned earlier, admins don't have access to credit card payments. If you're an admin wanting to pay an overage amount with a credit card, you'll need to switch your role to an employee, place the order, then switch back to admin role.