As an admin you may automatically sync any users you have in Active Directory straight into Velory and automatically keep them up to date. Below is a step by step guide to describe how the process works:
Step 1: Sign in
- Sign in to the Azure Active Directory Admin Center Dashboard.
- Select Enterprise applications from the list of Azure services.
If your application is already created, select it from the list of applications and move to Step 3.
- If you haven’t created a SCIM application in Azure, select New Application.
Step 2: Create a new application
- Select Create your own application and continue.
- Give your application a descriptive name, and select the Integrate any other application you don’t find in the gallery (Non-gallery) option, then click Create.
Step 3: Setup provisioning
- Select Provisioning from the Manage section found in the navigation menu.
- Click the Get Started button.
- Select the Automatic Provisioning Mode from the dropdown menu.
- In the Admin Credentials section, copy and paste the Endpoint from your Velory app in the Tenant URL field.
- Copy and paste the Bearer Token from your Velory app into the Secret Token field.
- Click Test Connection to receive confirmation that your connection has been set up correctly.
- Select Save to persist the credentials.
Step 4: Set and enable Attribute mappings
- Expand the Mappings section. Make sure the group is turned off and user attribute mappings is enabled.
- Click on the Provision Azure Active Directory Users link.
Velory supports the following mappings:
- email type eq work
- home address (country must be in English or in ISO ISO3166 with 2 letters)
- externalId (this *must* be mapped with object Id)
- manager (this user will be set as the attestation manager for the user being imported)
- phoneNumbers type mobile (format of this must be +46111111)
Step 5: Assign users and groups to your application
In order for your users and groups to be synced, you will need to assign them to your Azure AD SCIM Application following these steps:
- Select Users and groups from the Manage section of the navigation menu.
- Select Add user/group from the top menu.
- Select None selected under Users and Groups. In the menu, select the users and groups that you want to add to the SCIM application, and click Select.
- Select Assign to add the selected users and groups to your SCIM application.
- Turn on provisioning for your SCIM application
- In the Provisioning menu, confirm the Provisioning Status is set to On and that the Scope is set to Sync only assigned users and groups.