To be able to separate the concepts “Who has the device” and “Who pays for the device” the information Payor exists on each device. This can either be set to the company or to the employee. If the company is added as a payor the cost for that device will not be included in any employees budget. If the employee is added as a payor the cost for the device will be deducted from the employees budget.
This article includes the following topics:
- Default payor settings
- How to set the payor for a device
- What happens when you reassign the device?
- Add payor information with CSV import
Default payor settings
The payor will be the company by default in the following scenarios:
- The device is unassigned.
- The device is assigned to a Space.
- The device is assigned to an employee that doesn’t have a budget.
- The device is bought through the store by an employee that doesn’t have a budget.
The payor will be an employee by default in the following scenarios:
- The device is on lease and is assigned to an employee that has a budget.
- The device is bought through the store and the employee has a budget.
- Companies that have card payment options available.
- Companies with Danish gross salary deduction program available.
If the user doesn't have a budget when purchasing the item, the payor defaults to the company. Even if the user is later allocated a budget, the payor remains the company, requiring manual updates to the device's payor settings.
How to set the payor for a device
As an admin you are able to see and update the payor for a device. Depenging on the company's budget overage setting, potential budget overages, both in the monthly payments view and employee page, will reflect the change if the cost exceeds the employees budget.
Go to Asset management in the navigation bar then click on Hardware.
Search for the hardware you want to update, then click on the three dots on the side and choose Edit.
Under the Assignment section you will see the Payor option where you are able to choose from the employee or the company in the drop-down list.
- When you have selected the payor you want for that device you click on Update device in the bottom of the page.
What happens when you reassign the device?
If, as an admin, you need to reassign a device from one employee to another or to a space, the payor setting will be cleared. You'll need to set a new payor for that device before updating the changes.
If you reassign the device to another employee, you'll have the choice to designate the payor as either the company or the newly assigned employee. However, if you reassign the device to a space or leave it unassigned, the payor can only be set as the company. Every company is accountable for establishing internal policies for handling scenarios based on their chosen budget overage settings.
Add payor information with CSV import
If you import device and employee information through the import function you have one field in the template that is called “payor” there you have the possibility to import and as well update information in bulk. Read the article about updating device and user information through CSV for more information.