To be able to separate the concepts “Who has the device” and “Who pays for the device” the setting Payor exists on device level. This can either be set to the company or to the employee and it is connected to devices that are on a lease and one off purchases made through the store.
If the company is added as a payor the cost for that device will not be included in any employees budget. If the employee is added as a payor the cost for the device will be deducted from the employees budget.
This article includes the following topics:
- Default payor settings
- How to set the payor for a device
- What happens when you reassign the device?
- Add payor information with CSV import
Default payor settings
The payor will be the company by default in the following scenarios:
- The device is unassigned.
- The device is assigned to a Space.
- The device is assigned to an employee that doesn’t have a budget.
- The device is bought through the store by an employee that doesn’t have a budget.
The payor will be an employee by default in the following scenarios:
- The device is on lease and is assigned to an employee that has a budget.
- The device is bought through the store and the employee has a budget.
- Companies that have card payment options available.
- Companies with Danish gross salary deduction program available.
If the user does not have a budget when the item is purchased, the payor is set to company, and it will still be company if the employee is later assigned a budget. This means you manually have to update the payor settings on that device.
How to set the payor for a device
As an admin you are able to see and update the payor for a device. Potential salary deductions, both in the monthly payments view and employee page, will reflect the change if the cost exceeds the employees budget. This is how you set the payor for a device:
- Go to Asset management in the navigation bar then click on Hardware.
- Search for the hardware you want to update, then click on the three dots on the side and choose Edit.
- Under the Assignment section you will see the Payor option where you are able to choose from the employee or the company in the drop-down list.
- When you have selected the payor you want for that device you click on Update device in the bottom of the page.
What happens when you reassign the device?
If you as an admin need to reassign a device from one employee to another employee, to a space or make the device unassigned the payor setting will be cleared and you will have to set a new payor to that device before you update the changes.
You will get the option to set the payor to the company or to the employee that is newly assigned to the device if you reassigned the device to another employee. If you reassigned the device to a space or made it unassign you can only set the company as the payor for that device.
Add payor information with CSV import
If you import device and employee information through the import function you have one field in the template that is called “payor” there you have the possibility to import and as well update information in bulk. Read the article about import employee and device information through CSV for more information.