Bundles enable your company to offer your employees the devices they need to do their work and have them ready before their first day. You can choose which products are to be included in a bundle and you have the option of creating several different bundles if, for example, different devices are needed for different positions.
Employees who are invited to Velory with a bundle assigned have the opportunity to choose between the different products included in the bundle. In this way, new employees to the company receive a structured and professional onboarding.
This article includes the following topics:
How to create a bundle
- Go to Asset management in the navigation bar, click on Bundles and then Add bundle.
- Start by naming your bundle, preferably something descriptive that makes it easy to assign the right bundle when onboarding an employee. For example, a role or position in your company.
- Then you choose which categories you want to include in your package. The categories phones, computers and accessories are by default, but you can choose to remove these categories and add new categories. Then add product options in each category, you can choose one product or several in the same category.
- You also have the option of showing a budget towards the bundle, if you do this you will see if the products you add are within or exceed the budget you choose from the drop-down list.
- You also have a box you can mark if you want the employee to be able to choose from several different products in the same category, which can be useful for accessories for example. If this is not activated, the employee can choose 1 of the added options.
- When you are done with your options, click Create bundle and you will see the overview of your created bundle. You can always edit it if you need to change something afterwards.
How to assign a bundle to an employee
As an admin, you can add a bundle to a new employee when adding an employee to Velory. In section 4, when you add the employee, you have the option to choose an existing bundle or create a new one directly on the page. Read the steps for how to create a package in the above heading.
If you select a package from the drop-down list, the package will come up with the default products added. In this example, a budget is also assigned to the employee, so information about whether the product is within or above budget allowance is clearly displayed.
When you have completed the form and want to confirm the creation of the profile, click on Invite employee.
An invitation email is then sent to the employee, where the employee can activate their account by creating a password and confirming their information. In step two, the employee sees the added bundle and has the opportunity to choose the products the employee wants to use in their position from the start.
In step three, there is a final confirmation of the choices and the possibility to choose where the products should be sent, the company address is preselected.
The products that have been selected by the employee after these steps end up as product requests in Velory and your company’s attestation manager can go in and manage these to proceed with the order process.