Note that this feature is only available for companies under partnership with Dustin NO.
Within company settings, admins have the possibility to decide whether they wish to enable overage payments through credit cards or through salary deductions. By default company settings are set to salary deduction, this feature can be set by an admin in the company setting page, only for companies under partnership with Dustin NO. The card payment method is only available for one-off purchases.
This article includes the following topics:
How it works
Regardless of the company's chosen payment method, the process remains the same when an employee submits an order request in the store. It's only when the employee reaches the checkout and is about to submit the product request that the process looks different. If your company has the card payment option enabled it will say Proceed to card payment when an employee checks out a request.
If you are an admin and want to place an order with credit card, read the first bullet point in this section for further details.
When clicking on Proceed to card payment you'll be directed to a payment page, powered by Stripe. On this page, you'll need to enter your credit card details, when you are done, click on Confirm and send request. The payment will only be processed once the product request has been approved, therefore it's important to ensure that your card has funds available until the request gets approved.
The time for a request to be approved depends on your company’s setting and if auto approval of request is enabled for the company. If it is not enabled the order get’s approved by your attestation manager. When a request is approved you will receive an email letting you know that the order has been processed. You will also get notification if the request was declined.
As an admin you can read more about product requests and the feature auto-approval of requests in this article.
- Admin orders - Currently the process of credit card payment is not available for users assigned the admin user role. An order placed by an admin is directly approved, automatically incorporating the overage amount in the salary deduction view and not credit card. To facilitate credit card payment for an admin's order, the user role must first be switched to an employee. This role adjustment can be performed by another admin or by reaching out to your partner for assistance. After the order is placed, the user role can be reverted to admin.
- Declined requests - In cases where the card lacks adequate funds or faces other issues leading to payment rejection, the product request will also be denied. If this happens, the admin of your company will receive notification, also the employee will be notified that the request was denied. If it was the case that the card did not have adequate funds it could be enough to make sure the card has sufficient funds before the admin approves the request again. If the card needs to be changed the active request needs to be declined by an admin and then a new request needs to be submitted by the employee.
- Invalid card error - If the credit card payment does not go through make sure that your card is activated for online transactions. Upon receiving a new credit card, the activation process typically involves making a physical purchase using the provided code, making a withdrawal with the code, or seeking assistance from your card provider to enable online purchases.
How is credit card payments enabled?
To enable this setting, you need to have either Service account access or be an Admin role user.
- Go to your profile in the navigation bar and click on Settings. Under Company you click on Details & Settings.
- Scroll down on the page for the section Company Settings and mark the Card payment box.
- Click on Update in the bottom of the page when you are done with your settings.
Note, this setting is only available for companies that are in partnership with Dustin NO.