If you find yourself in a situation where you need to make adjustments to the imported employee or device data, it's a straightforward process. Simply update the CSV-file and re-upload it with the necessary changes. If you've previously imported files, the most efficient approach is to download the file you uploaded, incorporate the essential information updates, and then upload it once more. Just click the download symbol in the row for the uploaded file, and the file will be downloaded. If you have not imported data via the import function, you can first export your data in the correct format, read this article about exporting data from Velory.
Add the necessary updates to the information in the downloaded file, and then re-upload the file to update the information in your Velory account.
Factors to have in mind when you update user and device information:
- To update a user, ensure that the same email address is used.
- To update a device, include the device id in the device_id column for a match with the correct device.
- Blank values - will not overwrite information added if values are left blank. E.g. if you have an existing user with address information, and you import them without address information in the CSV, the existing address information will remain, it will not be removed.
- To set the employee as a payor to the device, ensure that the employee's email address is filled in and ‘employee’ is filled in the payor column.
- To update the payor for a device the email of the user is required if the payor is an employee.
- To update a device's leasing contract information the device id for that device is required.